Submission Number: 560891-00059
Received: 7/26/2012 7:52:00 PM
Commenter: Todd Wihlen
Organization: Animal hospital of pittsford
State: New York
Agency: Federal Trade Commission
Initiative: Request for Comments and Announcement of Workshop on Pet Medications Issues, Project No. P121201
Attachments: No Attachments
1) DVM's are best positioned to determine which pharmaceuticals and products are best for their patients.
2) DVM's spend a great deal of time in CE & discussions with colleagues as to which products are most efficacious and safest to use.
3) DVM's choice of medications is driven by what is appropriate for the patient and the condition we are treating.
4) Internet & big box pharmacies are driven by the sale not the patient.
5) Internet pharmacies send FAX requests for medications that the DVM has not prescribed and often does not feel is in the best interest of the patient.
6) We stand behind the products we sell if there is an adverse reaction.